A lot of us get stuck in our routine, day after day, week after week, we're just running through the motions. We forget to step back, take a breath, and be present in every moment of every day because those small moments aren't so small. They make up most of your life so why not make it your goal to enjoy each and every moment, even if it is just brushing your teeth.
Here are our five "must dos" for a more intentional day:
1) Wake up just 5 minutes earlier and use those extra 5 minutes to quickly jot down three things you have to get done for the day. Then, make it a priority to get the hardest one done first. From there, you'll feel like you're ready for anything that comes your way instead of dreading the rest of the day.
2) No one likes sitting in morning traffic or waiting in the long line for your first coffee of the morning. But instead of feeling impatient and unhappy, try using that time to think of 3 reasons why you're thankful for that moment. It could be that you're thankful you can drive instead of bus to work or that you have extra cash in your budget for a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop. Start seeing the good in every moment and life becomes that much more enjoyable.
3) Put your phone down. Yes, we said it. It's hard, we get it, but when your eyes are on that screen, they're missing out on what's not on that screen.
4) Create more and consume less. Opt to eat in and try that recipe that you never got around to. Turn the tv off and pick up your paintbrush instead. You'll find that joy exists in the smallest of intentional moments.
5) Hop in bed 5 minutes earlier and use those 5 minutes to reflect on your day. What was the best part of your day? What is one thing you would have done differently if you could the day over? Daily reflection reminds you to find happiness even on a bad day and to always strive to be better.
Can't wait for our next post? Head over to our instagram @lucysuisf to see what we're up to during the in between!